This program is available in rural Southeast Alaska communities excluding Juneau/Douglas, Ketchikan, and Sitka.
Alaska Statutes (AS)
Alaska Administrative Code (AAC)
HUD 184 Loan Guarantee Program
The Rural Loan Program provides financing to purchase, construct, or renovate owner-occupied single-family residences or duplexes. Properties must be located in small communities as defined in Alaska Statutes (AS) and Alaska Administrative Code (AAC). This program can be used in conjunction with the HUD Section 184 Loan Guarantee Program.
- Maximum loan amount is $500,550 for single family residential homes or $640,725 for a duplex.
- 15-year or 30-year loan terms.
- Interest rate is determined by the Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) Rural Housing Interest Rate. (Interest rate is applied to the first $250,000 only. The balance is at the Rural Rate plus 1%).
- Down payment and closing costs must be paid out of pocket by the borrower. Funds may be combined with other assistance programs. THRHA does not offer Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), therefore, a larger down payment may be required.
- Alaska resident
- Property must be owner-occupied.
- No income restrictions, however, new mortgage may not exceed 28% of total gross income with a total debt of 36%.