This program is offered in the following communities:
*Please note that due to COVID-19, 2020 taxes will be prepared by virtual or telephonic appointment only.
In order to receive an appointment with a tax specialist please submit the VITA Intake form and all tax documents to the THRHA Office. You can provide these documents via:
Mail or in person drop off:
5446 Jenkins Dr.
Juneau, AK 99801
To speak with a tax specialist, please contact us 907-780-6868 or toll free 1-888-241-6868.
- Basic tax preparation provided by IRS certified preparers from February through April 15.
- Basic tax assistance and questions can be answered year-round.
- Mail-in service is available for clients in rural communities.
- Clients should fall below an annual income limit of $53,000 (open to clients over $53,000 depending on the situation).
- Scheduled times are typically every Tuesday from February to April 15th in Juneau with scheduled dates in other Southeast Alaska communities.
Required Tax Documents:
- All income information (if filing jointly, for both spouses)
- Social Security cards for ALL those claimed on your tax return
- Picture ID for you and your spouse
- Interest and any other investment statements
- Unemployment statements
- Social Security statements
- Pension or retirement statements
- Any 1099-DIV Forms
- Power of attorney (if you have one)
- Copy of previous year’s tax return
- Any other tax-related documents
Please note that we do not provide assistance for comprehensive income tax returns, business tax returns, or returns involving litigation or ongoing legal action.
Last year THRHA assisted households to receive $806,342 in tax refunds that has made a positive economic impact for rural communities while assisting tribal member households