This program is offered in the following communities:
Last year THRHA assisted households to receive $806,342 in tax refunds that has made a positive economic impact for rural communities while assisting tribal member households
In partnership with United Way of Southeast Alaska, THRHA is pleased to provide free income tax assistance services to low income clients.
The average cost to have a return prepared in Alaska is $300. This program is intended to be another tool for clients to use in their pursuit for financial freedom.
- Basic tax preparation provided by IRS certified preparers from February through April 15.
- Basic tax assistance and questions can be answered year-round.
- Mail-in service is available for clients in rural communities.
- Clients should fall below an annual income limit of $53,000 (open to clients over $53,000 depending on the situation).
- Scheduled times are typically every Tuesday from February to April 15th in Juneau with scheduled dates in other Southeast Alaska communities.
Items to Bring:
- All income information (if filing jointly, for both spouses)
- Social Security cards for ALL those claimed on your tax return
- Picture ID for you and your spouse
- Interest and any other investment statements
- Unemployment statements
- Social Security statements
- Pension or retirement statements
- Any 1099-DIV Forms
- Power of attorney (if you have one)
- Copy of previous year’s tax return
- Any other tax-related documents
Please note that we do not provide assistance for comprehensive income tax returns, business tax returns, or returns involving litigation or ongoing legal action.