This program is offered in the following communities:
Need assistance filing your personal income tax return? THRHA and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program are coming to your community to provide tax preparation support.
Items to Bring:
- All income information (if filing jointly, for both spouses)
- Social Security cards for ALL those claimed on your tax return
- Picture ID for you and your spouse
- Interest and any other investment statements
- Unemployment statements
- Social Security statements
- Pension or retirement statements
- Any 1099-DIV Forms
- Power of attorney (if you have one)
- Copy of previous years tax return
- Any other tax-related documents
- Your return will not be processed with partial documentation
Please note that we do not provide assistance for comprehensive income tax returns, business tax returns, or returns involving litigation or ongoing legal action.
The average cost to have a return prepared in Alaska is $300. This program is intended to be another tool for clients to use in their pursuit for financial freedom.