This program is offered at the following properties:
Angoon (Senior housing only)
THRHA’s annual rental vacancy rate varies at less than 15% throughout the southeast region.
The Low Rent Program is designed to assist families who need affordable housing.
- 2-4 bedrooms unfurnished single-family style homes.
- Rent is based on 30% of the total household monthly income.
- Security deposit is $500.
- Placements are made based on application date and preference points.
- Preference points are given to applicants who are homeless, live in overcrowded conditions, live in substandard housing, victims of domestic violence, residents of the community, honorably discharged veterans, and for working individuals, families, family reunification, rent burdened (where the family is paying more than 50% of their income toward rent and utilities), and families holding a rent voucher such as a Section 8 or VASH voucher.
- The income limit depends on the unit. Units are for tenants with an annual income of 50%, 60% or 80% income limits apply depending on the unit.
- Angoon HOME Senior Housing—tenant must be 55 years of age or older.
- Adult household members must pass a credit and background check.