This program allows HOAP or New Mutual Help Program participants to take out a loan through THRHA for repairs or improvements to their home. The home owner is responsible for getting an estimate and submitting it to THRHA for review.
- Offers up to $30,000 for repairs, energy-efficiency improvements and structural additions/expansions.
- Loan is repaid by making additional monthly payments.
- Two categories are covered by this loan:
- Home improvements & structural changes
- Repairs that brings the house in compliance with building codes
- Interest rate is based on the current prime interest rate plus two percent
- Be a current HOAP or New Mutual Help Assistance Program participant who has been current on your monthly payments for the past year.
- Show that you will use the funds to correct conditions that pose health or safety risks; to make your home more energy efficient; to build a functional addition; or to make property improvements.
- Demonstrate the ability to afford a new maintenance loan in addition to regular house payments.
- This program is offered to people currently participating in THRHA’s New Mutual Help or HOAP Programs.
Contact Housing Services at (907) 780-3119 or fax a request to (866) 684-5856 to have an application sent to you.