The Home Ownership Assistance Program (HOAP) provides families with an opportunity to comfortably transition from renting to home ownership.
Tenants pay an affordable monthly rate that is based on their household income, while living in a spacious, safe, energy-efficient home which they may eventually own.
- Three, four, and five-bedroom single-family homes.
- Rent is based on 28% of total household monthly income.
- Tenants are given a monthly utility allowance.
- Compared to a conventional bank loan, THRHA’s program is more affordable.
- Waiting list is closed currently and will only open when a unit is available.
- Have an annual household income that is 80% or less of the median family income for your community.
- One member of the family must be an enrolled tribal citizen.
- Demonstrate the ability to make monthly payments.
- $1,500 non-refundable down payment.
- All tenants must pass a background and credit reference check.
- Applicants that currently owe THRHA or another landlord for previous rental debt are not eligible to apply until the past due debt has been satisfied
This program is available in the following communities: