This program is available to students whose primary residence is in:
Last year THRHA provided housing assistance to 40 college students.
The Student Housing Voucher Scholarship provides rental assistance for low-income, tribally enrolled students who are attending college. The goal of this program is to promote educational goals for Native students and help them to succeed.
- Students may qualify for up to $1,500 per semester, $3,000 per year, and a lifetime maximum of $12,000 or 8 semesters.
- Part-time students with a minimum of nine credits per semester may be eligible for 50% of the maximum assistance.
- Applications are accepted from April 15 to August 15 of each year.
- Applicants must recertify in January for the spring semester.
- Must be an enrolled tribal citizen.
- Full time students (minimum of 12 credits per semester for undergraduates or 9 credits for graduate students).
- An annual household income that is 80% or less of the median family income for their community.
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Proof of tribal enrollment.
- Attend an accredited university or vocational school.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.